Admission Requirements and Procedures for New Pupils and Transferees
The University of the Assumption Grade School (UAGS) offers a preparatory course to Grade One and general elementary course to all pre-elementary and elementary school-aged children.
Age requirements for Preschool and Grade 1 are as follows:
- Nursery: at least 3 years of age and above
- Junior Kindergarten: at least 4 years of age and above
- Senior Kindergarten: at least 5 years of age and above
- Grade One: at least 6 years of age and above
- Accomplished Recommendation Form
- Good Moral Character Certificate for Grades 1 to 6
- Original and Photocopy of Report Card for Grades 1 to 6
- Original and Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Original and Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate/Church Document
- I.D. pictures: two (2) copies of 2×2 and two (2) copies of 1×1
Additional Reequirements for Foreign/Dual Citizen Applicants
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) duly certified by the Commission on Immigration and Deportation
- Study Permit duly certified by the Legal Division of the Department of Education Regional Office No. 3.
- Scholastic Grades earned abroad to be evaluated by the School Heads as per DECS Order No. 26 s.1994. Alien pupils should pass the written examination and interview given by the admission committee. Should the applicants pass both the examination and interview, they will be admitted on probationary status. Acceptance of alien pupils depends on the availability of slots.
- Certificate of Dual Citizenship
- Foreign and Philippine Passports
- Form 137
- Result of interview by the UAGS Records-in-Charge
- Secure Application Form and test schedule from the Guidance Office and pay the testing fee at the Treasury Office.
- Submit the accomplished Application Form and admission requirements to the Guidance Office and take the admission examination as scheduled.
- For those who passed the entrance exam, submit the recent photocopy of the Report Card and secure Permit to Enroll at the Guidance Office on or before the official enrollment schedule.
Entrance Test and Interview
- Preschool applicants shall undergo assessment tests
- Grades 1-6 applicants shall either receive a PASSED (80% and above) or NEEDS FOLLOW UP (79% and below) test results
- Must pass the evaluation of the school authorities including the interview for non-Catholic applicants.
- Submit the following on the scheduled enrollment dates at the Guidance Testing Room and secure Pupil’s Information Sheet:
- Old Pupils (Preschool to Grade 6) – Original Report Card
- New Pupils (Preschool without previous school) – Enrollment Permit
- Transferees (Preschool to Grade 6) – Original Report Card and Enrollment Permit
- Pay the Parents-Teachers Council of Assumption Association, Inc. (PTCAAI) Fee.
- Submit the accomplished student information sheet and secure Pupil’s Registration Forms at the Encoding Room (3rd Floor Ramos Bldg.).
- Pay the tuition fees at the Business Office.
- Procure books, notebooks, PE uniform, badges and school seal at the UA Bookstore.
- Official Receipts are to be submitted to the class adviser on the first day of classes of the current academic year for record purposes.
- Inability to present needed official receipts within the given grace period would mean dropping/exclusion of pupil’s name from the enrollment list of his grade and section.
Non-Catholics and Non-Christians
Conditions for Admission
- Since Christian Life Education (CLE) is the core subject of the UAGS, the pupils must take up the required CLE lessons in their particular level.
- The pupil must participate in any school-sponsored activities in CLE inside and outside school campus except for confirmation, First Holy Communion and confession.
- The pupil and his/her parents/guardian must conform to and respect the Catholic Church in relation to its dogmas, teachings and hierarchy, or to the feelings of the faithful in places devoted to religious worship.
- Grades Five and Six pupils must attend scheduled annual recollection/retreat.
- The pupil and his/her parents/guardians are prevented from any form of proselytizing activities, like trying to convert members of the UA community.
Memorandum of Agreement
The parents/guardians of the concerned pupil are required to sign a memorandum of agreement regarding the conditions for admission of non-Catholics and non-Christians. The Christian Life Education Memorandum of Agreement is signed after the orientation conference of the pupil applicant and his/her parents/guardians with the CLE Academic Chair or the Guidance Counselor.