- Program Offerings
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
The College of Computing Sciences and Information Technology (CCSIT) was created First Semester of School Year 2012-2013.
To trace its origin, the University of the Assumption Board of Trustees signed a resolution for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science in 1999. On June 5, 2000, the Commission on Higher Education Regional Office III granted the University the authority to operate the first two years of the four-year Bachelor’s Degree Course in Computer Science.
Computer Science was offered under the flagship of the College of Commerce and Computer Studies in 2000. It was in School Year 2001 when it was given recognition as another college which was called the College of Computer Science (CCS).
In June 2005, the College of Computer Science was merged with the College of Engineering which offers Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Industrial Engineering. With the merging, the new college was renamed College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS).
Effective June 2006, the College of Architecture and Interior Design, was merged with CECS and was renamed the School of Technological Studies (STS). It was in School Year 2009-2010 when Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) was added to the roster of programs of STS. BSIT was given full government recognition in its third year of operation in SY 2011-2012.
Further modification as per CHED requirements was made the separation of all engineering programs together with architecture from STS. The new college was called College of Computing Sciences and Information Technology (CCSIT) and its specific programs are Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. The Mathematics Department was made part of the College.
The College of Computing Sciences and Information Technology seeks to have students whose Christian life will be integrally taught in faith, humanities and technology through the appreciation of the advances in science and technology and practice of professional competence.
Specifically, the College aims to:
- Develop students to become well-rounded and adept in the use of computers and managing computer and information technology;
- Provide society with knowledgeable and highly competent individuals who can easily adapt to the continuing technological progress;
- Instill in the minds and hearts of the students the Christian values, thus enabling them to uphold the same value amidst the advancement of technology;
- Build up a firm grounding Information Technology theories and practices which are essential for developing high class software evaluating the risk and opportunities that software presents in our everyday lives;
- Engage students in academic activities, research and outreach.
- TwistResources, Inc.
- TORO.IO formerly TSS Trixan Support Services
- CLOUDSTAFF, INC.
- FILAM Software Technology
- TELETECH Pampanga
- Wallem Innovative Solutions
- OutResource Global, Inc.